Zoodles and Sun-dried Tomato Cream GF DF
Spiralized zucchini, a.k.a “zoodles”, are an excellent healthy gluten-free swap for traditional wheat pasta noodles. Simmer them in this dairy-free sun-dried tomato cream sauce, and you’ve got one savory satisfying dish. Zoodles and Sun-dried Tomato Cream is the healthy fettuccine alfredo swap, you never knew you needed in your life.
Zoodles taste amazing, cook up in just minutes, and are a delicious way to spike a dish with veggies. With all the deliciousness of a hearty helping of pasta, but only about 1/5th the calories and 1/6th of the carbs in comparison to pasta.
2 cup Pasta nutrition: 400 calories 84 carbs
2 cup Zoodle nutrition: 77 Calories 14 carbs
So here’s the recipe! To kick off this new Food Allergy Exploration cooking challenge.
Recipe adapted from Allergy Awesomeness 30 Minute Dairy-Free Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Zoodles and Sun-dried Tomato Cream
6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup veggie broth (hot water + 1 veggie bouillon cube)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes & herbs in oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, basil, and/or thyme)
4 medium zucchini, spiralized
Salt & pepper to taste
- (If using) cook chicken over med heat with 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté mushrooms and garlic over med until mushrooms begin to sweat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to med high, add veggie broth, stir and de-glaze pan.
- Add coconut milk, sun-dried tomatoes, and chopped herbs. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. (3-4 min) Season with salt and pepper one more time.
- Add zoodles, tossing until thoroughly covered in sun-dried tomato cream, and lightly cooked. (1-2 min)
- Optional: Serve with chicken
Hope you enjoy Zoodles and Sun-dried Tomato Cream!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, feel free to pin it to your Pinterest.
Thanks for following along!