Rincon Parkway is the cheapest out of the Ventura County Beach parks, with nearby campgrounds running as much as $60/ night. No hook-ups, but if you run low on water, you can get a nice $10 BPA free 5 gallon collapsible jug at the REI, about 10 min away………and, if you’re strategic about it, you just might be able to fill it up in their upstairs bathroom.
We arrived midweek, but I guess it was still too close to ST Patrick’s day, as not a single spot was vacant. Checked again the following Wednesday afternoon and were able to grab the last available site. Sitting right on the PCH, in between the ocean and train tracks, the beach is just a short rock climb below. We parked closer to the Faria park side and had to wait for low tide before the beach was visible, but further down towards Hobson’s, there’s open beach all day.
- Location on the beachside of the Pacific Coast Highway, between Faria and Hobson’s campgrounds
- Cost $26/ night Nov 1- March 31 $28/ night April 1- Oct 31
- Max Stay 14 days Nov 1- March 31, 5 days April 1- Oct 31, must always vacate park min 14 days before a new stay in the same RV
- Paying a few self service posts are located throughout the sites, there are envelopes to be filled out and a place to drop your cash, or pay ventura parks online
- Reservations Nope. Must be physically in the site prior to paying.
- Pets $1/ day
- Hook-Ups NO, but pump & dump trucks cruise by periodically offering dumping services for $40 and water for $25
- Dumpsters YES
Unobstructed ocean views from every site and surf possibilities along the entire strip. If you can park in a site with a bush, it adds a little extra privacy between you and your neighbor. The website says no camp fires, but there are handmade rock fire pits in just about every site so……..