Rainbow kelp noodle salad is full of fresh crunchy veggies and delicious kelp noodles. It’s completely raw, vegan, gluten free, paleo, and so good that you won’t notice the other 4. Alone, the salad is good, but this sauce, this jalapeño ginger peanut sauce, this is what does it. With spice from the jalapeño, subtle sweet from the peanut butter, and a hidden heat you get from true ginger.
With the mix of heat and sweet, Rainbow Kelp Noodle Salad is a total vegan flavor overload.
You may not have leftovers. (Sorry)
Make the sauce first by combining your jalapeño, garlic, lime, ginger, peanut butter, and cilantro. Blend in a food processor, or blender until it resembles a pesto like consistency. It actually looks exactly like this pesto sauce, but the taste is totally different, I promise.
Next, simply chop and prep your veggies and kelp noodles. If your not familiar with Kelp noodles, I wasn’t until recently, they can usually be found in the vegan meat section of the grocery store. I’ve purchased them from Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at Thrive Market. More on where to buy near you here. They are neutral in flavor, and add a wonderful crunch texture to this salad.
Toss with the dressing and that’s it!
CookTime 0 min
Jalapeño Ginger Peanut sauce
- 1 jalapeño
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 fresh squeezed lime
- 3.4 oz Jar Ginger People organic pickled sushi ginger
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh ground peanut butter
- 1 bunch Cilantro (less a pinch, for salad below)
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until combined
Rainbow Kelp Noodle Salad
- 1/2 purple cabbage, shredded
- 6 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 10 baby rainbow carrots, sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 12 oz package Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
- Pinch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rinse Kelp Noodles
- Roughly run a knife through the kelp noodles to break them up
- Add all ingredients to a bowl
- Toss with Jalapeño Ginger Peanut Sauce