We have finally committed to a decision for heat, the Dickinson Marine Newport solid fuel heater. There is going to be a real wood burning fire, in the Van. A van fireplace!!
We have not seen many fireplaces in Van conversions, but these marine fireplaces are made for boats (obviously), and the Van is kinda a big vessel, so it seems reasonable to put one in the Van. I can not wait, this is going to be awesome!!
Off-grid heat, here we come!
Check back for the installation process, as we learn as we go. I will post more info and pictures here. In the meantime, take a peak at the Dickinson Marine on Amazon, with the link below.
Here is a full parts list for our fireplace install..
1. Dickinson Marine 16-050 3 in. Deck Fitting with Dress Ring
2. Dickinson Marine 16-080 3 in. Stainless DP Smoke Cap
3. Whitecap Teak Angled Boat Winch Pad, 5 3/8-Inch
4. Dickinson Marine 25-000 12 in. x 24 in. Stainless Steel Wall Liner
5. (3 of these) Dickinson Marine 16-000 3 in. x 22 in. Stainless steel Flue Pipe
6. (2 of these) Dickinson Marine 16-040 3 in. x 45 Degree Stainless Steel Elbow
Want more now? Here’s a collection of our Sprinter Van Conversion build out tutorials. There’s always new updates with links to all our build out posts there.
If you like any of these ideas, it would be super awesome of you to pin them to your Pinterest.
Thanks for following our scenic route!